This conference is a premier summit on sports law with highly experienced and respected presenters speaking at the event. The guest speakers include judicial officers, prominent authorities in sports law as well as practitioners experienced in sports law issues across all jurisdictions.
Paul’s area of expertise was ‘Duty of care in sport & child protection’ with emphasis on the following: With the Australian Sports Commission recently flagging that it will move to make child protection policies uniform across all sports, understanding the practical realities of what this means for the average sporting association is essential.
The session examined the scope and practicalities of the child protection obligations of sporting organisations.
Topics covered included:
- industry and regulatory developments relating to child safe sport frameworks
- complying with the Victorian Child Safety Standards
- learnings from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Issues with implementation of child safe standards in sporting clubs
- How to best manage when such situations arise
Paul is available to present a detailed analysis to organisations on this topic. Please contact Paul on email@example.com or (03) 9642 0435 to arrange an appointment.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this article should be relied upon as legal advice. The contents of this article should be regarded as information only, and for specific legal matters, independent advice should always be sought. Please contact Paul Horvath on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9642 0435 to discuss any matter or to arrange an appointment.